Nov 20, 2012

Happy Progress

I blinked the other day and suddenly have too many projects on my needles. There was a moment last week when I was in the midst of a finishing party -- my Beacon pullover was bound off with only underarm seams left to complete, my BFF cowl was linked with only photos to be taken, and my first pair of Honeycomb Wrist Warmers were done ready to be washed and dried.

Then I went to Knitty City to buy some ChiaGoo needles and before I knew it, my knitting basket was full to the brim of new WIPs.  I've got a new pair of mitts on the go, my High Plains Drifter is almost ready for the second skein of yarn, and I'm knitting the second sleeve on my Iced Coffee cardigan.  Last but not least is the beautiful Fluted Cowl that I'm enjoying knitting (maybe most of all but don't tell the others).

Cascade 128 Superwash



It didn't start off too well -- I had to frog it twice before I got the rhythm of the stitch pattern -- but now it's the project that I don't want to put down.  This one won't be as dramatic as the original Purl Bee version as I'm knitting with smaller needles (US11) and cast on fewer stitches for a shorter cowl, but I'm really happy with how it's coming along.  I have a feeling that I'll be knitting this again, next time faithful to the original as I'd love to see it in its fuller form.

12 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem here with projects Evelyn, my daughter even says I have Knitting ADD ;)
    I am trying to be good and finish the brown cardigan I am working on before I start anything else,but it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I am NOT in the same boat! My knitting basket looks decidedly empty, but I'm hoping to remedy that later today :-)

    This cowl looks so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have less than four projects going, and it's 100% accidental, as in my head I'm still the monogamous knitter I was when I started out! Your cowl looks crazy soft, and is such an awesome color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've caught the cowl bug, too. As soon as I finish my holiday knitting, I am totally casting one on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it's grey, my favourite colour :D

    I have 3 WsIP on the go, and a few more hibernating and I am being very strict with myself about casting on more. What I have let myself do is put together a tiny tute on beaded knitting (to be published on the blog soon).

    Happy knitting :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about that cowl too. The thought of this big twisted thing on top of my coat to keep the wind out sounds wonderful. I had put it behind me but seeing yours is taunting me again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go through bursts of casting on like that every once in a while, it is just too fun to start something new especially with a new yarn. The cowl might have been a little frustrating at the beginning, but it is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gray cowl is looking great and will be a wonderful warm addition to the winter wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty! The color is wonderful ♥
    I can see how it's a favorite- small, yet rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely! I have FAR too many things on my needles at the moment, and I keep casting new things on!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't tell the others, but it looks fabulous! Knitty City has that effect on me, too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah I have been wanting to start ALL THE THINGS lately....

    ReplyDelete