Jan 10, 2013

Blog Luv: Knitted Bliss

Back in the days when I didn't even know what a blog was (and mind you, that was only a few years ago), I stumbled upon Julie's lovely blog, Knitted Bliss.  I wish I could remember how I discovered her delightful blog but once I did, I was a huge fan. Julie started her blog with a friend and over time, it evolved to be just hers filled with knitting, family, and creativity.  One special feature of Knitted Bliss is modification monday, and I look forward to seeing which projects catch Julie's eye from week to week.

The most recent modification monday got me thinking about how I also make it a point to buy a souvenir skein of yarn wherever I visit. Within each skein are travel memories, and even though some of those skeins are still sitting in my stash, I love knowing that they're there, reminding me of the wonderful experiences I've had.


I don't always manage to find a LYS in the places I've traveled to, but I always make sure to pick up a souvenir snowglobe.  These bright and colorful orbs are displayed in my living room, and I really do look at each of them every now and then, bringing back wonderful memories of family trips we've had over the years. 

One day, I hope to reach a place in my knitting skills where I can modify a pattern enough to be highlighted on Julie's blog.  Until then, I'll just continue to admire the incredibly talented knitters she finds.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't come across her blog - so I'm off to check it out, thank you :)
    Love your snow globes - we collect fridge magnets and our fridge is pretty full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I know her - of course, I just didn't recognise the name... doh! By the way, I didn't notice a link to her blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful collection of snow globes! I love those. I usually do tshirts at places I go visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Julie's Knitted Bliss, too. For those who're interested, here's the link: http://www.knittedbliss.com/search/label/modification%20mondays

    FYI: She does, by the way, consider suggestions for specific projects to feature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowglobes are always fun to buy on trips, but I do wish every place had a yarn shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snow globes, that's a collection I would like.....I've never been too far to look for a LYS, but the faces say it all on my boys when I walking up and down the roads in a new town looking for yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I collect magnets with thermometers on them from the places we've visited. And if I can't find a magnet with a thermometer, I have to get just a plain magnet. Our downstairs bar refrigerator is covered in them! Yarn would be a good habit to get into as well since I"m doing a lot of repeat traveling, why buy another magnet, when I can buy yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing, looking for souvenir yarn wherever I go. If not yarn, I try and find something that I can craft with, maybe buttons or fabric. When I went to see the King Tut exhibit last year, I found scarab beads in the gift shop, haven't quite figured out what to do with those yet! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection of snow globes. I try to buy yarn too; it can be hard sometimes to find something unique to a place.

    ReplyDelete