Somehow, I didn't expect my Nachtfalter to take as long as it did...but it did! Still, I'm so pleased with how it turned out, and I know that I'll be wearing my new top a lot this summer. The big bonus is that I got to do some stash busting with this project as I used my stash of Knit Picks CotLin and Comfy Sport in the pomegrante colorway. Knitting along with a lively and fun group of knitters over on the Holla Knits Ravelry group was an added plus, and I hope to join in on another of their KALs soon.
So, back to this project: I loved the construction of knitting the twisted rib ribbing and then splitting for the front and back panels. I loved using the three-needle bind off at the shoulder seams which creates both a strong and attractive finish. And I loved the intricate moth stitch pattern which kept me on my toes. I'll admit that I did fall down a few times and had to frog back and reknit. Those of you who have had to tink back on a lace pattern can understand the fear I felt each time I had to do this ~ trying to figure out where those darn YOs were (sometimes in multiples of three or four) led to some nerve wracking moments!
Wanting to be a more mindful knitter, I didn't ignore my mistakes and now that I've finished, I'm so glad that I took the time and patience to correct those missed stitches. And finally, with uneven yardage, I combined the CotLin and Comfy Sport within the body but you can barely tell ~ I think it works!