Dec 31, 2013

Unravelled: Sea Pines

After the second hour into unravelling my Sea Pines pullover, I realized that I never frogged an entire sweater before.  Sure, I've frogged cowls and socks and hats but never, ever have I taken a hand-knit sweater back down to mere balls of yarn.  There was a moment (somewhere in my third hour), when I had to question my sanity.  Unravelling a sweater is no simple task ~ sometimes you have to pick each stitch in and out of its previous stitch ~ but I didn't let my fatigue overcome my goal.   




I picked and picked and ripped and ripped and while this project ended up taking hours of patience, my persistence paid off.  



I've now got 656 yards of this beautiful Cascade Cloud yarn to re-knit into something new.  Okay, friends, only three more sweaters to unravel ... did someone mention coffee?



8 comments:

  1. Good for you! I think it's such a hard decision to unravel finished handknits, especially sweaters! But you'll get much more use out of the yarn once you re-knit it, not to mention twice the amount of knitting pleasure! I did some unravelling of projects myself this year and still have a pile to get through. I'd much rather have something I'll love and use.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this is not something we should try if we don't love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of unraveling. Hang in there and Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. I don't know why the stitches get wonky like that. I ran into that after unraveling a baby cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right...I'll go finish unravelling the scarf...I only did 50% of it...if you can spend hours..it shouldn't take me that long...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! You're as dedicated at unknitting as you are at knitting! It will be worth it in the end :) Happy New Year to you and your family. Ps not anonymous - Kate here from Goodpurlgonebad but not being recognised :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should list the frogged yarn as an FO in ravelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, it's Cloud? At least it felt good while you were frogging it!

    ReplyDelete