Jan 13, 2014

Gathering

As it's already mid-January, I want to start working on my goals and so spent a little time over the weekend rummaging through my stash.  It's probably no surprise when I say that I found a lot of small bits of worsted weight scattered among full skeins.


This is just the first little gathering that I made, and the colors will likely not be the ones to go together, but it's a start to seeing what my palette may possibly be.  I'm also looking around for some motif charts to start building the pattern for my own favorite things infinity cowl so if you have any ones you've tried and love (or seen and loved), please share!  I'm open to any imagery ~ although in all honesty, I'm not that crazy about some stuff I've seen that's of the rude nature.  I'd like to keep my project on the bright side!

4 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see what stranding images you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could tie all the ends together, little ball after little ball, and knit it up (infinity style) until you run out of yarn :) Knots decoratively placed of course... or woven in. :) Have fun with your stash... I personally LOVE stash art !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love this little fox chart Craftzone posted along with this sweater she made, if you like foxes of course. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/craftzone/fox-sweater

    Looking forward to seeing the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this will be another fun creative project to watch you develop! I have decided as I work through the stash this year, I will do a large "remnants" organization project. I don't think it will take till the end of the year for the remnants to overwhelm the full hanks and balls in my storage bins.

    ReplyDelete