Jun 4, 2015

Queue Me Up

Whenever I turn a page in my calendar, I get a little excited at the prospect of new beginnings.  I know it's sort of silly ~ after all, new beginnings can begin on any day of the month but somehow, the first day of a new month has that new shiny feel.  So, now that a new season is also about to begin, I'm making myself commit to a challenge that I've been thinking about a lot over the last few months. I was so inspired by everyone's #madememay projects, and I desperately wanted to play along but who was I kidding?  I haven't created enough in my wardrobe to even post for a week, let alone an entire month!



So instead of pouting and feeling sorry for myself, I've decided to do something about my lack of creative output over the past year.  I've started and stopped too many projects since last fall and in going over my stash, I'm having to admit that it's getting me down. Why are there soooo many one skeins in there?  Do I seriously not have any sweater's worth of yarn in any of the gazillion bags I seem to be hoarding?  This is going to change! I'm going to take some time over the weekend to sort through my patterns and stash and start a brand new queue for my summer knitting which will include warm weather tops and accessories.


I haven't participated in a KAL for a long time, but I'm thinking that jumping in on a couple of knit-alongs this summer may just be what I need to inspire me and to keep me honest and engaged with all you lovely knitters. I haven't hosted a knit-along in while either so stay tuned as I'm scheming of a fun one to announce early next week.  In the meantime, if you're enjoying one now that still has a few weeks to go, let me know.  I just may join you!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some really pretty yarn. Good luck pattern hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be checking in to see what you are cooking up!~ I did the same thing with my yarn--sorted it, bagged it and even slipped paper notes in the bags with patterns I think might work well with it. I am part of a "challenge" over on the Yarn Therapy group on Ravelry--great group by the way and they always have fun things going on. This challenge is called Sweep Up Those wips for Spring. Anything you have started, or have at least purchased yarn for before May 1st, and still has a minimum of 8 hours of work left to complete, counts as a wip. The person who completes the most between May 1 and August 1 gets a prize. It is amazing how focused this has helped me be in getting projects completed!
    Have a great weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy yarn and terrific colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind - just wanted to say those colors are so lovely, and so you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested to see what becomes of these lovely yarns ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes going through your stash helps to get motivated, at least it helped me many times. I can't wait to see what you come up with,
    Hugs
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. such gorgeous, amazing yarn! Excited to see what you've knit up over the summer.

    ReplyDelete