Mar 3, 2016

A Capsule Wardrobe ~ Beginnings

As I promised myself I would, I tackled my clothes closet last weekend, and you know what?  I actually enjoyed the experience of going through all my clothes and getting a handle on what I own and wear.  I've decided to go with the set number of items for my capsule.  Well, not exactly an exact number in that I didn't choose five shirts, four sweaters, etc.  Rather, I decided to pull together a group of clothes that I know I can mix and match easily and comfortably for the next three months.



Here's just a glimpse of my selection:  three linen tees from Madewell from last season which will be a great base for jeans and trousers and that can go alone or covered by a few cropped sweaters that I've owned for a gazillion years. These cardigans are from Old Navy (year unknown) which have surprisingly held up over time.  

In terms of my knitted sweater capsule, I'll definitely knit a cardigan with a similar feel to these store-bought ones ~ I love Flaum (and everything in this issue of Amirisu), Marion (and all Andi's cropped sweaters), and Belmont, to name a few.  With my petite physique and short torso, cropped cardigans are a great staple in my wardrobe and I love the idea of carefully choosing the perfect yarn for this style.  I'm getting inspired ....



7 comments:

  1. Three wonderful choices! I especially love Flaum. It looks like such a versatile little cardigan. Great start so far! I'm too scared to
    look in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I love good neutrals with a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Great choices. Can't wait to see the knitted cardigan you will add to your wardrobe.

      Delete
  3. You are off to such a great start! That Flaum cardigan would be an amazing wardrobe staple for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Evelyn,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Project: Stash has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top Knitting blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/2016/02/09/top-knitting-blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of top Knitting blogs on the internet and I’m honoured to have you as part of this!

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to start one, but then, I think, only 5 shirts? Ugh, I like clothes way too much.

    ReplyDelete