Apr 14, 2011

Jumping In!




During our very snowy winter, I found myself spending time getting to know other knitters through their blogs.  I’ll be honest — I never really understood blogging except for those fabulous food ones that made me want to rush to the kitchen. But I discovered this incredible community of craft bloggers and became inspired by their talent and watched, project by project, develop online. Some of my favorites are in Blogs:Stash (over there on the right), and I’m jumping into the conversation!
When thinking about my POV, I thought about the chest of drawers in my guest room, filled to bursting, with skeins of yarn that I’ve stashed over the years and Project:Stash was born.
So what is my first post about?  Yarn? Patterns? I thought about what I spent many winter weekends doing … teaching myself new stitches.  So, here is the brioche stitch. It was tough-going at first … I spent two solid weekends casting on and frogging … but then it came together.  It’s now one of my favorite stitches (as modeled by my absolute favorite girl!).
Brioche Scarf in Full O’ Sheep wool
Brioche Cowl in Full O’Sheep wool


No comments:

Post a Comment