Apr 15, 2011

If it's Friday, it must be...


Not only do I love the fun of knitting this stitch, but the name is pretty great, too.  I came across this terrific and impressive-looking stitch on my go-to place, Ravelryjust before the winter holidays and my immediate reaction was: I Must Knit This!

I used Patons Classic Wool in beige and blue, to enhance the contrast of this stitch. Here you have it. It’s much quicker to knit up than the look of it would have you believe.  But beware…there is a scary element to knitting the cobblestone stitch.  You have to drop stitches all the way d-o-w-n to about eight rows … it’s against everything we’ve ever been taught about knitting, right?  But dropping d-o-w-n makes that lovely cobblestone effect so don’t be scared and just go for it!

I’ll be posting a FO in this stitch soon so look out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment