Aug 14, 2011

Summer Holiday (Part I)

I've just returned from a two-week family holiday that required nothing more than reading, knitting, daily rounds of UNO, and marathon episodes of Friday Night Lights.  For the past few years, we've chosen a series to watch on our family holidays (year one:  Lost; year two:  Alias; year three FNL).  Week one was spent in Newport, Rhode Island, where we spent hours at the beach.
We spent everyday lounging by the boulder near the water
To start off our Newport week, we began with the Newport Folk Festival which was blisteringly hot and immensely crowded but the music was so great that none of that mattered.  There was a great line up this year (The Decemberists, Amos Lee, Wanda Jackson, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Elvis Costello, Emmylou Harris) and the site couldn't have been more stunning.







Determined to work on my year of projects, I took along several patterns and a box full of yarns and needles to be inspired as each day passed.  I'm happy to say that I got a few projects started and finished including the casting on again of the Make Up Your Mind tank!  I'll post about this very special project in a couple of days.  For now, I'm enjoying the glow I still feel from our sun-filled holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, I would love to see Elvis Costello live! What gorgeous photos. I'm glad you had a good time, don't rush back into normal life, will you? Holidays like that should be savoured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing vacation! You know how to do it right. :)

    ReplyDelete