Jun 18, 2012

When in Doubt ...

... Try, try, again.  Isn't that how the saying goes?  Well, after I finished my new hat design of which I posted a sneak peek on Friday, I had some doubts about the drape and structure of the hat.  I'm really pleased with the overall design and stitch motif; in fact, I think it's a really fun hat to knit, but I didn't like how loose it fit around the head.  




So, I frogged both versions and re-wound the yarn. You would think I would have been so frustrated as to stuff my needles and balls of yarn into my knitting bag, right?  Wrong!  I felt really excited to start again and am happy to say that I worked out the numbers a bit differently and sent the pattern out to be test knitted and tech edited. The wonderful Pumpkin already finished her test knit for me and did a spectacular job and Gail will be tech editing again for me.


Stay tuned early next week as I plan to release the pattern then with a very special incentive to cast on.  

17 comments:

  1. I am sure this is the life of a designer and your attitude is great--shows how excited you are about your new adventure and it sounds like you have some great helpers!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really enjoyed working with you on this pattern. It is such a great design and very fun to knit! I'm sure that anyone else who is lucky enough to knit it will agree with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting, Evelyn. We all know how patience you can be and how perfection glides along with that trait. My plan is to do some hat knitting for this winter. Gratification! I want mine now! But will be in line for your hat pattern.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this! Thanks for sharing...frogging can be such a bummer, but when you're working toward something specific, it's just part of the process. Keep up your awesome stitches, Evelyn! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep trucking on! I'm sure you'll come up with something great. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go on that designing kick! Love your new header BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see another one of your fabulous patterns Evelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on the frogging, I'm sure it will be well worth the extra effort!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Sounds fun! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very pleased for you. :-) Sounds like you are really enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun fun fun! Can't wait to see it now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evelyn it looks like you have a fantastic start to your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking for some fun hat patterns so I can get a start on my charity knitting for the fall. Can't wait to see what you have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's something fun about going back to the drawing board (unless, of course, you have a looming deadline. That's not too fun).

    ReplyDelete