Oct 19, 2012

FO: Gray Day Pullover

When I set out to challenge myself this fall to knit my fall/winter wardrobe, I was really excited because I wanted to both push myself as a knitter and to add unique pieces to my somewhat spare sweater collection.  I had no idea how much fun I would have searching for patterns, adding favorites to my queue, choosing yarn, and casting on.  This isn't to say that I've not come across snags but overall, knitting me-size garments has been a terrific experience. My Gray Day Pullover is one such example, and I've already worn it out a few times in the last several weeks.


These photos were taken during a recent weekend jaunt up to Saratoga Springs, NY, which I'll write about soon and the weekend was more than crisp enough to wear my new cozy sweater.  The pattern is incredibly simple to follow although for my version, I eliminated knitting with two colors. 


Since I'm petite with narrow shoulders, arms, and hips, this sweater is a little large on me -- I should have knit the smallest size and will do that when I knit this sweater again, next time following the pattern more faithfully and knitting stripes in the yoke and along the bottom hem.

It's been a little warm here in NY, but I hear that this weekend will be perfect fall weather so I'll be donning this sweater while I work on my Bedford in the sunshine.

Happy weekend, everyone!

17 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks so slouchy and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful on you, Evelyn! You are a terrific sweater knitter as well as a beanie one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congratulations it looks wonderful on you,♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It looks like a great one to wear! You chose well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! A bit oversized will just make it extra comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering when you would finish this sweater! It looks fabulous on you and so, so comfy. You should definitely make a few more sweaters, you know, because you need them and more yarn to make them with ; ) I'm sure that NY will bring you cooler weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! It looks lovely on you, too. I love the design on the yoke. The slight positive ease makes for a comfy cosy sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great - the striped yoke is so flattering on you. I love your monochromatic version - it's very elegant, although I look forward to see what you do with a mixture of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Evelyn! Love the grey...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love gray and this lovely fits the bill of the perfect gray sweater! It looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job Eveyln! I think it turned out stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so cozy and comfy, perfect for fall days! And I think that is a perfect shade of grey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this sweater! Queued it of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Beautifully knitted and you look fabulous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even if it is a little large, that just enhances the comfort factor and the single color does make it look elegant. Congrats on a new piece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful sweater. The colour is great on you! well done on finishing this goal! yay!

    ReplyDelete