Oct 22, 2011

For the Love of Books

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a vivacious reader.  For those of you who only know me through my blog, I haven't posted about the books that I'm reading but you can see my ever-growing list on the right. If you've been particularly observant, you will see the title that I'm "reading now" change every week or so. For the last couple of years, on my list of new year's resolutions is to read the New York Times Top 50 books of fiction.  I have yet to succeed in reading all 50, and while I still have a ways to go, I'm pretty proud of how many titles I've devoured in 2011.




Today is the annual 24-hour Read-a-Thon and I'm participating for the first time.  I suppose my spending time reading today isn't so different than say, yesterday ... or tomorrow ... but I love the idea of people from all over the world making sure that they devote a large chunk of today reading. 




We're a reading family so I won't be doing this alone; each of us is never without a book-in-progress, but today we'll put aside a few hours when we can tune everything out and quietly read.  I don't think I'll try to stay up for a solid 24 hours, but I promise to spend time when I'm not knitting (or blogging) with my book! Oh, and did I mention that reading all your blogs count?  Happy reading!







7 comments:

  1. I hope you and your family are enjoying the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you're from a reading family (love that photo!) & sort of participating in the Readathon together!

    I hope you're enjoying your first readathon! Be sure to try some of the challenges, they're are great book prizes and visit a few blogs when you need a break!

    Most of all Have fun & Enjoy yourself!
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a teacher, I love that your family reads so much and often together....if only parents realized that reading often is one huge key to success in school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the readathon!! It's a great way to spend time with the family, and after they've gone to bed maybe listen to an audiobook while you knit!

    Give me an R
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a D

    Thanks for joining!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you managed to get lots of reading done today :)

    *Keep it up,
    You're doing great,
    Read lots of books,
    And stay up late!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've had a great readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know about the read-a-thon, but I read a lot as well (and yes I did notice your reading list - other than the 200 Crochet Blocks, we're on a different reading path :) ).

    You may be a "vivacious" reader; you definitely are a "voracious" one!

    ReplyDelete