Oct 21, 2011

Something For Me

I have an announcement to make:  I knitted something ... just ... for ... me!

Moebius Cowl in Malabrigo Worsted


If you're like me, you scour patterns from every source possible and then queue them up, look through your stash (or buy new stash), and knit up the pattern usually with a special someone in mind.  Last week, my friend Polly introduced me to the Moebius cowl and it was pure joy once I cast-on.  I had two cakes of Malabrigo Worsted in purple mystery (true to its name) and decided to use one cake to knit a Moebius cowl.  I did a straight-forward stockinette stitch as I wanted purely to see how this cowl was constructed.  




While I knitted, I couldn't help but stop and pet my knitting. Yes, you read that correctly -- the fabric that is made with Malabrigo is so soft, so lofty, so pettable. If you haven't knitted with this yarn yet, I implore you to treat yourself. It's not too terribly expensive (mine cost $11 per hank) when you realize how much yardage you get but let's forget being practical for a second. What you get from a FO made with Malabrigo is a luxurious treasure in the most beautiful colors.




So, I'm keeping this Moebius cowl for me. I'l admit I had a friend in mind to give this to, but I'll just have to use the other cake that I have and knit one for her, probably adding a different stitch to change things up a little.  Hmmm, I like the idea of matching cowls.  




P.S.  For those of you who haven't signed up yet, go over to the universal craft blog directory button (there on the upper right) and check it out.  The goal is to develop a comprehensive blog list of all us craft bloggers.  Nice, huh?

9 comments:

  1. I think you should add this to your WIP list: a whole room! http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/oct/21/knitting-knitted-hotel-room-pelirocco

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful colour! And it suits you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely! It feels good to make yourself a little treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe - for me, it's an event when I knit something for someone else!!

    Don't you wish you could have a mattress and bedspread and pillow all made out of Malabrigo? I sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats on making something beautiful for yourself, with luxurious yarns. If you think about it, you'd buy a cowl for more than $11 anyway, and now you've just donated the labor (to yourself), so it is quite practical, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! It looks wonderful on you! Wear it proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We knitters are sometimes TOO generous, knitting always for others. Your cowl looks great, fits great, and that Malabrigo will make it super soft and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to make yourself something now and again. Otherwise you never get to enjoy your own knitting! Isn't Malabrigo lovely!? A friend gave me a hank a while ago, and I have it sitting in a basket by my bed, being admired. I think it wants to be a hat. Enjoy your cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go! Malabrigo Worsted

    I've knit two different colors of this
    first was from a skein I won from 'Photo-Knit-Dog' blog - that became a snood.
    The next [Dusty - a pale rose color] I bought because of the first
    - has become a cowl and a hat.
    There is still the deep purple sitting in my stash.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete