|Miranda's Cat Paws|
We lost power on Saturday afternoon during the hardest snow fall of the N'oreaster, but I had only completed the cat paws of Miranda's Halloween costume so I had to press on and lit as many candles as I could find to keep knitting.
This is a swift and easy project with great results. I chose hot pink rather than light pink for the paw pads and inner ears which I think helps the costume pop. I used Sidar Snuggly which I've never knit with before. I feel a little conflicted writing about this yarn during the Wovember challenge as it's not made from 100% wool but I'll justify this by saying that I completed the project before November 1 (whew, that was close).
We added black nail polish, some black whiskers and a nose in stage make-up, and a touch of blush for a rosy-cheeked affect.
I had hoped to post this on Halloween but we all know what happens to best-laid plans. As this post is titled, better late than never!