Dec 12, 2011

FO: Beanie for Boys

I'm happy to share my newest FO which I really loved knitting:  the Christopher beanie.  I started this beanie less than a week ago and considering that I basically knitted two hats in one project, it went quickly.





As you can see from the photos above, the design is incredibly clever.  My son Xavier (who is the willing model below) suggested choosing wildly contrasting colors next time which I think is a great idea.  






I especially like the way the camel and cabernet highlight one another -- even though the solid camel side is plain, it's such a classic color.  And the stripes on the verso is just as classy.





This beanie is incredibly warm, too, which is a nice plus as I plan to gift this to one of the men in my life.  I'll be knitting more of these and will decide who gets which color combination once I lay them all out. I welcome color suggestions from all you so please share your ideas.






11 comments:

  1. HANDSOME model, Evelyn.

    Seems this beanie pattern is a go-to for this winter. Should be a great way to use up those stash leftovers, also. Think of those color combos ! ! !

    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I agree - contrasting colors would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having it be reversible is great design, especially when knitting for guys. You also chose very manly colors : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat and handsome son! ice blue and orange come to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great accessory for a guy. Especially because it's 2 hats and it only takes up the room of one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. reversible!! such a clever idea. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The fit is fantastic! I'm definitely going to give this one a try for Hubby :-)

    Your son is a cutie! And such a sweetheart for modeling for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so awesome!!! Did you start the solid brown right off the cabernet sts? Or are they Kitchener st together?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my...what a great hat! And it will be extra warm, with the second layer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very clever pattern! Very cool. I was wondering how you were going to get a reversible... surely not double-knitting at this time of the year...! ;-) Eric says yellow, orange and purple for a colour combo! Personally, I'm partial to pumpkin and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a great hat, love it.

    ReplyDelete