Jan 17, 2012

Another Christopher Beanie

Do you know how when you come across a great pattern and design, you can't help but knit it over and over again? That's exactly what happened to me when I tried Jane Richmond's Christopher Beanie. It's one of those patterns that is clearly and accurately written, takes only two skeins, and looks great on anyone!


I knitted my first Christopher in cabernet and camel, but I knew instantly that many more would be on my needles again.  This time, I wanted to knit one for Xavier and in blue tones.




My go to yarn for this pattern is Cascade 220, not only because it knits up a dense but supple fabric -- it's also because the color choices are so fabulous.  



When I last posted about this beanie, I asked for color combination suggestions and some of you had some great ideas.  I especially liked goodpurlgonebad's suggestion of ice blue and orange and kiwiyarn's color combinations of pumpkin and brown (and Eric's yellow, orange, and purple).  When I'm in the mood to knit up another one of these beanies, I think I'll consider these great color ideas.







10 comments:

  1. Really nice. Yet another pattern to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome! I might have to knit one of those, it looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous and so warm with the double effect. I think you could make almost any color and it would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this color combination even more! It came out absolutely perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and know Xavier will look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great and timeless looking pattern. My 3 guys would love it too--although I am not all that proficient with striping-maybe someday. :)
    Happy knitting---

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a total beanie kick! I want one! Love, love that combo. Always a terrific job.
    I saw some beanies on sale at Nordstorms; oh gosh I was itchin' to buy a few but the knitter in me balked. But where's the time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the denim-y look of this one! I think I'll have to make one of these for Hubby - he keeps saying that the wind is going through the "holes" of the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this hat! The colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great beanie...so warm and still handsome!

    ReplyDelete