Jan 19, 2012

Coveting...

I'm a native New Yorker so when I first heard about Brooklyn Tweed, I was excited to learn more about this indie dyer.  I've been following Jared Flood's blog and work for a while now and really appreciate his aesthetic and what he's accomplished since starting BT in 2005.  BT yarns are spun in New England, a part of the country that I feel at home in, and I've been longing to try some of his wools.


Loft in Thistle


This past weekend, we took a brief getaway to celebrate Miranda's birthday and to visit a city that we all love -- Philadelphia.  Whenever I'm there, I can never resist going to Loop. The store is light and airy, the folks who work there are friendly and knowledgeable, and they carry a wonderful selection of natural fibers -- what's not to love?




Knowing that this LYS carries BT Shelter, I made a stop there just before heading home with the full intent of buying a skein or two to try.  While I liked what they had in stock of Shelter, I wasn't crazy about the colors -- some were a bit too bright for my mood at the time and my eyes wandered over to the next cubicle of Loft.  It's a fingering weight versus a worsted so I had to rethink what I wanted to knit with BT.  But I just couldn't resist this color (Thistle) and so bought three skeins.


I have been coveting Brooklyn Tweed's wool for so long now that just having these beauties in my stash makes me giddy.  I haven't decided what I'll knit with these yet but there is no doubt I'll be casting on very, very soon.

13 comments:

  1. That is some beautiful yarn! I had heard of his yarn before but never actually looked into it, but I'm glad you blogged about it, his yarn is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, that yarn looks so pretty!! I've heard it's a bit on the 'crispy' side, though- which is just a fun characteristic of really woolly yarns. gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colorway! I received three skeins of Loft in "faded quilt" but I'm wishing I got a more vibrant color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove this colour! Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colorway; let us know how it knits up and feels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shelter. Can't wait to see what you make out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried BT yet so I'm interested to hear what you think. I love the color you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you make. Whatever you make is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, that is beautiful! I can't wait to see what you make with it, either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coveting ! ! ! ! !
    that's what we knitters do the best ! ! !

    Gorgeous Color ! ! ! just my style

    hugs

    You may have just become an Enabler

    ReplyDelete