What do I want my blog to be when it grows up?
I'm nearing my one-year anniversary on Project: Stash, and I've been thinking a lot about what my blog means to me and how I've grown so much over the past year because you all have become such wonderful friends.
I stumbled upon this post the other day and as it spoke to what I've been thinking about, I'm joining in to share what I want my blog to be when it grows up. One thing I know for certain is that this blog will probably never really grow up; blogging is such an evolutionary practice and as I've watched your blogs morph and grow, I know that this is what blogging is all about. When I started, I mainly wanted to be part of the ever-growing conversation that you knitters were already having. I was so inspired by what I was reading and seeing on your blogs, and I simply wanted to play, too.
Now that I've found my voice, so to speak, I'm ready to try this exercise which is to name the top five things I want for my blog so here I go:
- I want to grow my community: Each time I get introduced to a new blog, I get excited and look forward to reading more from this person. Each time I get a comment from an old or new reader, I feel happy to have made a connection. I would really love to build my online community further which, in just a few short months, has led to some meaningful friendships already.
- I want to knit challenging projects: While my first proper cardigan has taken me much longer than I had hoped (I'm almost finished, folks!), I'm excited to commit to knitting out of my comfort zone, both in color and in pattern.
- I want to improve my photography: I've been happy with my photography so far but I really need to read my camera manual! I know that my terrific little camera has so much more to offer if I would only read that damn manual.
- I want to do more charity knitting: I have always done charity knitting in amongst my gift- and self-knitting, but I want do do more.
- I want to design more: I'd really like to push myself to design original patterns as I know this would help make me a better knitter.
So there you have it: my hopes and aspirations for Project: Stash. Thanks to Thistlewood Farm for this great idea. What do you want your blog to grow up to be?