Oct 2, 2013

Autumn Light


My NYC apartment has southern exposure and so we get the best autumn light all day long.  How lucky am I, right?  Natural light is the best light to both knit and read by, and I only wish I had days on end to do both.  But I have been knitting and I'm so happy with what's developing on my needles.

Remember when I mentioned starting a new pullover for Miranda?  The one I ended up having to frog completely and start again?  Well, here's the fruit of my mindful labor.  The yarn is soft, and the cabley design is turning out exactly as I had hoped.  As for what I'm reading?  I just finished Curtis Sittenfeld's Sisterland (it got better and better with each page) and started Meg Wolitzer's The Interestings which I'm already completely absorbed in.  Wish the weekend would get here already!

Join Ginny's Yarn Along and catch up on what everyone is knitting and reading!


13 comments:

  1. beautiful cablely sweater on the needles! I get my best photos in the afternoon. When it's night time, forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute sweater. I love the natural light. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cables that you chose. This will be such a pretty sweater for Miranda. Lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its looking lovely, sounds like you have the perfect knitting spot too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natural light to knit by - I am jealous. Instead I'm planted in a chair below the pot lights trying to make out tiny stitches on tiny needles :( What a gorgeous central cable pattern on that pullover. It has a very classic aran look to it! I think a plaid skirt may be in order to pair with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Natural light! Love the look of the beautiful yarn with those yummy cables.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that beautiful, creamy color! You've gotten a lot done in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the way your pattern / sweater project is developing. It's especially beautiful in the natural light. I think I will add to my October to do list, to find some time and knit outside. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet sweater. Love the cable detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very cute sweater. Miranda will look sweet in it. Afternoon light is just the best. I bet you wish you could spend every sunny fall afternoon in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sweater! I love the combination of texture and cables. Actually, I can't stop thinking about it. I read this post the other day and had to stop back by to tell you that! I can't wait to see it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete